YOUR PRIVACY AT A GLANCE
This Policy was designed to inform you, the website’s visitors, about how your personal data is gathered, used, stored or otherwise processed while browsing [name of the website]. We are the owner of this website and we are deemed as the data controller over your personal data. We are: Better Collective A/S, 1253 Copenhagen K (Hovedstaden), Denmark (DK).
- Identification data
- Special financial data
- Private habits and interests
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
Tell me why
- Distinguishing you from other registered users
- Communicating with you
- Customizing our service
- Analytics and statistics
- Delivering prizes
- Profile personalization
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- Members of our corporate group
- Entities who help us to regularly provide and further develop our services
- Public and law enforcement authorities per need
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area in order to provide our services on regular basis and/or to develop our services further.
THIRD PARTIES WHO PROCESS YOUR DATA
What do they do?
How can I choose?
We may process various categories of your personal data in order to provide our services to you, improve your experience with our services, further develop our services and to secure and maintain regular functionality of [name of the website], on the basis of:
- Legitimate interest
We do not collect or retain your personal data longer than is necessary for the purposes we stated.
WHEN AND HOW WE COLLECT DATA
Am I included?
- Right of access
- Right to be forgotten
- Rectificate your data
- Object and/or restrict to processing
- Lodge a complaint
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
What can I do?
If you have any concerns about your privacy or you wish to exercise your privacy rights, you may reach out to us via this link.
By using our services you may disclose various pieces of information, including those that are considered as personal data. When your personal data is processed, you are considered to be data subject and you are entitled to exercise your rights guaranteed by relevant data protection legislation, as explained in this Policy. Taking into account that we determine the purposes and means of processing personal data on our website, we are legally considered to be data controller over your personal data on this website. Being a data controller provides us with the opportunity to process your personal data, but also obligates us to protect it in the way regulated by the EU Data Protection Law.
We may process various categories of your personal data in order to provide our services to you, improve your experience with our services, further develop our services and to secure and maintain regular functionality of our website.
Please note that not all mentioned categories of personal data will be processed, in case you choose not to reveal them. Also, different categories will be processed in different situations. Please read more about purposes for processing your personal data in the “How we use your data” section of this Policy.
Check the types of personal data we collect, below:
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
When you create and account on our website, we may process your email address, username, assigned ID, first and last name, phone number, address.
ELECTRONIC IDENTIFICATION DATA
When you use our website, we may process the IP address of the device you use, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, as well as the time of logging in, and social media authentication credentials.
SPECIAL FINANCIAL DATA
FINANCIAL IDENTIFICATION DATA
Your financial identification data (such as Skrill/Payal account, IBAN, SWIFT, your bank details) may be processed for the purpose of transferring a prize.
We may process your age and nationality.
If you choose to upload a profile picture we may process your image.
VIDEO, SOUND AND SCREEN RECORDINGS
This personal data may be processed if you choose to enter surveys on our websites.
PRIVATE HABITS AND INTERESTS
We may process your interaction with the website and other users, such as tips, comments, your following activities, preferred content and preferences, information you put in “about me” profile section.
By using our services you may disclose various categories of personal data. You may check which categories of personal data we process in the “Types of data we collect” section of this Policy. Please note that not all mentioned categories of personal data will be processed, in case you choose not to reveal them. Also, different categories will be processed in different situations.
Check below the purposes for processing your personal data.
For the purpose of creating your profile on our website, we may process personally identifiable information such as your email address, username, assigned ID, social media information. We may also process your name and address if your choose to add it to your profile.
Your personally identifiable information may also processed if you choose to enter a competition or a survey organized on our website. The processing is needed for contacting you, assuring you meet requirements related to the threshold age for gambling, gathering information about our customers’ opinions regarding gambling products and online gambling service providers and conducting our commercial research, delivering the prize.
We may process your personally identifiable information for the purpose of communicating with you regarding some changes on our website and sending you commercial communication upon your consent.
We may process your electronic identification data to enable communication between your device and our server and to determine your approximate geolocation, which may be further used for service customisation (for example, to provide appropriate content for your language of choice and gambling-related content that is legal in your country). Your approximate location may also be used for analytical purposes. The processing of details about the browser and operating system you use is necessary to ensure the regular provision of our services to you. We may also need this data to solve technical problems should they emerge. The IP address of the user’s device may also be processed for the purpose of preventing the user’s re-registration on the website in case of any misconduct or misuse of identity.
SPECIAL FINANCIAL DATA
Financial identification data may be processed for the purpose of delivering the prize after conducted competition or survey organized on our website.
Your personal details such as your age and nationality may be processed for the purpose of properly conducting a competition or a survey on our website, as well as for the purpose of profile personalization, if you choose to reveal them.
We may process your recordings such as an image you upload to your profile, for the purpose of profile personalization. We may also process your video, sound and screen recordings for the purpose of conducting a survey that may be organized on our webiste.
PRIVATE HABITS AND INTERESTS
Some of your interactions with our website require public use of information, namely when you post a tip. When you post a tip we have to process information about your tip such as the date and time of the tip, the event that the tip relates to, tip language and your comments that clarify the tip.
We also create statistics about the success of your tipping activities and process information necessary to carry out competition among tipsters (e.g. to confirm which tipster has the highest level of successful predictions).
We process information about your interests in order to recognise your personal preferences that may be used for commercial communication purposes.
We may share your data with third parties. The third parties are categorised as follows:
- Members of our corporate group, which includes the owner of this website and its’ subsidiaries. Please be aware that we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your data, as well as deciding which of your data is going to be processed by other members of our corporate group.
- Entities who help us to regularly provide and further develop our services (e.g. analytics, maintenance, marketing and development). They are allowed to process your information as reasonably necessary in order to perform delegated tasks. Please be aware that only we determine the purpose and means of the processing of your data, as well as deciding which of your data is going to be processed to perform delegated tasks.
- Public authorities and law enforcement agencies when we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area in order to provide our services on regular basis and/or to develop our services further. We take all measures in relation to the recipients of your personal data to ensure an adequate level of protection and appropriate safeguards, as defined by the applicable data protection law and particularly GDPR, are implemented.
Your personal data may be transferred to a recipient based in a country that the European Commission considers to have an adequate level of data protection. You may find out more about countries with an adequate level of protection here.
We will conclude Data Protection Agreements with recipients of your data where necessary. These will include Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission that would obligate the data recipient to provide an adequate level of protection and implement appropriate safeguards as defined by the applicable data protection law, and particularly GDPR, with regard to the processing your personal data.
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE AND THEIR PURPOSE
- We use essential cookies that are necessary for the website to work efficiently. These cookies are meant to enable you basic functionalities of the website, such as page loading and navigation. They do not store any personal information or correspond to any user’s ID. We advise you to keep them switched on, as some parts of the website may not work otherwise.
- We use preference and functionality cookies that enable us to remember your website preferences, such as language preferences and the region you are in and provide with you certain services, such as posting a comment or using live chat.
- We use analytics cookies in order to process the information about the number of website visitors, download and scrolling activities, where the users came from, time spent on the website, and approximate geolocation. The data collected by these cookies is presented in an aggregated form. For more information on the types of analytics cookies used on this website, check the links below:
- Google Analytics
- We use marketing cookies in order to present relevant advertisement material to each specific user. Other than that, they are mainly used to personalise the way we communicate with our users and evaluate users’ personal preferences for specific content. Our partners may use third-party marketing cookies for presenting you with promotional activities through banners and interstitial ads. For more information on the types of marketing cookies used on this website, check the links below:
- Verizon Media AdPlatform
- Third-party cookies may be used on our website. These cookies are served by a third-party we hired to provide services on our behalf or by a third-party advertising our website content. In addition to that, third-party cookies may be used for performing our affiliate agreements, and for that purpose, serving affiliate links on our websites.
CHANGING COOKIE SETTINGS
Please check the links below to inform yourselves on how to opt-out from the use of third-party cookies we serve on our website. Please be aware that you may choose to opt-out at any time and disable some or all of our cookies.
- Google Analytics opt-out
- Clicky opt-out
- HotJar opt-out
- Eloqua opt-out
- AdForm opt-out
- Verizon Media Ad Platforms: link 1, link 2 and link 3
Some cookies may be disabled by changing the settings of a web browser. Please be aware that your on-site experience may be changed if you chose to disable them. Follow the instructions given below or check the instructions given by the browser manufacturer.
- Internet Explorer: Click the Tools button and then Internet Options. In the General tab, choose Browsing history and click Settings. Then click Select Files and select the Cookie(s) you wish to disable. After that, close the window containing the list of Cookies and click OK twice to return to the Internet. More instructions available here.
- Firefox browser: Click the Firefox Menu icon, then the Tools button, and finally Options; in the window that appears, select Privacy and click Remove Specific Cookies. Select the Cookies you wish to disable and then remove them. More instructions available here.
- Safari: Click the Settings button and then Preferences. In the window that appears, choose Privacy/Security and click Show Cookies. Select the Cookies you wish to disable and click Delete or Delete All. More instructions available here.
- Chrome: Click on the Google Chrome menu and then Settings. At the bottom of the page, click Advanced Settings. In the Privacy section, click Content Settings. To disable cookies:
- Select Block sites from storing any data;
- Click Cookies and other site data. Then move the cursor over the website that created the Cookie and click X in the right corner or click Remove All.
More information available here.
DISABLING FLASH COOKIES
Follow these instructions to disable Flash cookies on your browser/device, but keep in mind that disabling them may lead to some services not functioning properly.
The legitimate interest for processing your personal data lies in improving our product’s effectiveness and our service in general.
We use this kind of data to measure the current effectiveness of the advertising campaigns that are implemented on our site. Moreover, generated information that was collected during your visit to our website is also used to improve your overall user experience, to develop and improve content on our website, secure and maintain website functionality and prevent potential threats.
We use the information about your IP address mostly for analytical reasons, such as to calculate how many visitors from specific countries /regions visit our website. To present the relevant content to you, we also need to determine an approximate location of your device (e.g. this is how we provide you with content in the language you use).
For the statistical purpose, we may process data about your activities taken on our partnered websites, which is important for the legitimate purpose of calculating our revenue. This sort of information about you is grouped with other similar data to helps us create statistics about the use of our service.
When the legal base for processing certain categories of your personal data is consent, you will be asked to provide one.
RETENTION AND SECURITY
We do not collect or retain your personal data longer than is necessary for the purposes explained in this Policy.
We regularly make sure that your data is kept up to date and stored securely. In order to achieve that we apply different technical and organisational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, theft, unauthorised disclosure or access, unauthorised use, potential data breaches and against all other unlawful forms of data processing.
Based on business needs and security requirements we apply restrictions of access control to your personal data. Access to your personal data is only granted to trained staff with authorisation, whose knowledge and skills are necessary to process personal data we gather adequately.
Processing of personal data that may occur on this website is about you and your personal data. Therefore, you are in the position of a data subject, under the relevant EU Data Protection Law, namely General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
As a data subject you are entitled to exercise rights that are guaranteed by the GDPR.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed information about the processing of your data and your rights and where applicable to request access to the data.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
You have the right to ask us to delete inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the data processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed and inaccurate data to be corrected.
RIGHT TO ERASURE (RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN)
In certain circumstances you have the right to request that we erase the information we hold about you. These are as follows:
- Where the data is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected
- Where you have withdrawn consent for the processing of your data and there is no other lawful basis on which we can continue to process your data
- Where you objected to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds to continue
- Where the data has been unlawfully processed
- Where the data has to be erased for the purpose of the compliance with a legal obligation.
We will be exempt from this obligation if it is impossible to comply with or if the identity of the requester cannot be verified, as we are able to act only upon verifiable consumers’ requests.
RIGHT TO RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
You have the right to seek the restriction of the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If the accuracy of the data is contested, processing may be restricted for the period necessary to allow us to verify its’ accuracy;
- The processing is unlawful and you request restriction instead of erasure;
- We no longer need the data for the purposes it was collected, but data is still needed in connection with establishing, exercising and defending legal rights.
- If you objected to the processing of your personal data while awaiting verification on whether our legitimate interests for processing your data overrides the interest of your fundamental rights and freedoms.
RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
At any time you have the right to object to our processing of your data on grounds relating to your particular situation. Upon your objection, we will stop processing your data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing which override interests of your fundamental freedoms and rights, or if further processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
RIGHT NOT TO BE THE SUBJECT OF AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
You have the right to object to our processing of your data for automated decision making, including profiling, where such processing produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. Upon your legitimate objection, your personal data will no longer be processed for automated decision making.
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
Under certain circumstances you have right to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (i.e. in digital form). You have the right to request the transmission of those data to another entity without hindrance from us, if such transmission is technically feasible.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
We rely on your consent to process some categories of your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time without giving any reason to us and without any charge to you.
The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its’ withdrawal.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If you feel that your personal data rights have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. The relevant data protection authority in EU Member States may be determined either by your place of habitual residence, or the place where the alleged infringement emerged.
As we are established in Denmark you may choose to contact the Danish Data Protection Agency.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data explained in this Policy, or wish to exercise any of your rights listed above, please contact us via our [contact form].
“All icons provided in this Policy are a part of the “DaPIS: the Data Protection Icon Set” property of gdprbydesign.cirsfid.unibo.it. All icons were permissibly redesigned, while some were originally developed by our company’s Creative and Design team.”