What are the key Napoli vs Roma match stats to consider? Napoli enter another key Serie A match this weekend as firm favourites when Roma come to town. Napoli currently sit top of the Serie A table slightly favoured to win the league ahead of rivals Juventus. Anything but a victory will be a disappointment this weekend as they host Roma at Stadio San Paolo.
While Napoli are well and truly in the title hunt, Roma find themselves fighting for Champions League qualification. Currently sitting in fifth position Roma sit a point and goal difference behind fourth placed Inter and two points and goal difference behind third placed Lazio.
The bookmakers have Napoli as a 61% chance to win the match, with the visitors at 16% while the draw is listed at 23%. In terms of goal totals, the bookmakers are expecting a relatively high scoring match, relative by Serie A standards, with the Over 2.75 goals slightly favoured over the Under.
Napoli vs Roma Match Preview
Napoli have won the last two meeting between the clubs, a 1-0 victory at Roma in October of 2017 and a 2-1 victory again at Roma in March of the same year. Roma’s last victory over Napoli was a 3-1 win at Napoli back in October of 2016.
Napoli’s last defeat at home was a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Juventus back in early December, with the hosts scoring early and maintaining their advantage through full time. Roma meanwhile has lost just once in their last nineteen away matches, suffering a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Juventus in late December of 2017. Their previous away defeat was a 3-2 loss away to Sampdoria back in late January of 2017.
Napoli matches have averaged a 2.89 goals this season with home matches this season seeing an average of 3.00 goals per match. Meanwhile Roma’s matches have seen an average of 2.35 goals this campaign, while their average total goals in away matches has been 2.00 goals.
Taking these Napoli vs Roma match stats into account, our best bet for the match is to take Under 2.75 goals.