Unibet are certainly one of the leading bookmakers in this country with a deep market offering across all the major sports. They have a major focus on Football with a huge amount of markets both pre-match and in-play. They also back up title sponsorship of some of the major PDC events with comprehensive darts coverage.
Unibet TV is a huge asset to the site, and can be completely free to you so long as you maintain a positive account balance. The calendar filter which helps you to find streamed events is also really helpful.
They could be more competitive with their pricing on horse racing, and clearer on which sports markets qualify for cash out, known on Unibet as Ca$h-In. This feature would also be improved if you could cash out on multi bets, and not just single live bets.
With promotions, the welcome bonus is attractive but doesn’t actually benefit you if you win your first bet. Similarly, the refer a friend program is potentially rewarding, but comes with quite high restrictions if you are looking at referring more recreational players.
All in all, we'd say it's a safe bet for you to sign-up with Unibet, and start playing straight away.
Pros & Cons
Unibet Pros & Cons
- Two chances to win
- Low odds restrictions on bonus wagering
- You forfeit the chance for a bonus if you win the first bet
- Restrictive bonus expiration date
Losing Bets Refunded if a Goal is Scored after the 90th Min!
Unibet Bonus Basics
- The Unibet welcome offer is slightly different to some of the other bookmakers, in that it comes as bonus money, rather than as a standard free bet.
- You just need to sign-up with Unibet, enter the promotional code BETUK-20 and make a first deposit of at least £10 to become eligible for the welcome bonus.
- If you lose your first bet on Unibet, they will refund your stake as bonus money up to a maximum of £20.
- However, you can only withdraw the bonus money once you have played through 3 times the bonus amount on bets with odds of 2/5 (1.40) or more. For example, if you get a £10 bonus, you would have to wager £30.
Terms & Conditions
- The Unibet bonus offer only applies to your first bet, so if you do win your first bet then you wouldn't qualify for an additional bonus.
- Only single or multi bet odds of 2/5 (1.40) or greater will count towards your bonus wagering. For example, if you get a £10 bonus and play through £20 at odds of 2/5 and £10 at odds of 1/2, you will still be £10 short of your withdrawal requirement.
- The bonus will expire 60 days after opting in to the bonus, so if you haven't played through the requisite money in that time you will lose any winnings you've made and the bonus money will be lost.
- You can cancel the bonus by calling Unibet customer services, but any money you’ve won with the bonus money will be lost.
Unibet Bonus Step by Step
- To register at Unibet today, simply click HERE
- Click on 'Register' at the top right of your screen, and complete the registration process, which includes providing your full name, gender, address, date of birth and chosen user name. Unibet has an address finder feature if you enter your postal code, which speeds up that part of the process.
- Once you have filled in this information, you are ready to start playing; all you have to do is enter the bonus code and choose whether to accept or deny the bonus offer.
- The bonus code is marked as optional.
- You will also asked to accept the Unibet terms and conditions, and choose whether or not to opt in to emails on Unibet updates and player promotions.
Unibet sign up explained
On Unibet you can bet on the following list of sports:
- Rugby Union
- American Football
- Australian Rules
- Ice Hockey
- Rugby League
- Water Polo
- Winter Sports
You can also bet on specials including the following:
For example you can bet on parliamentary or mayoral elections and the EU referendum.
Football is at the core of their offering, and represents the vast majority of pre-match and in-play markets on Unibet.
It takes the number 1 spot on the sports list, before Tennis, Golf, Horse Racing, Cricket and Rugby Union. After this, the rest of the sports are presented in alphabetical order.
They also have a number of Football specific features such as Supertoto and Superscore:
Supertoto is a pool betting game where you try to forecast the result of a series of matches, choosing win, lose or draw. The money goes into a pool that is split between the winners.
Superscore is another pool betting game, more similar to Sky Bet’s Super 6, as you have to predict the exact score of the matches. The money is split between all the pool winners.
Expert opinion is delivered by their football ambassador, Glenn Hoddle.
Here is the full list of countries covered under Unibet’s football betting:
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- South Korea
Darts, racing and e-sports
Unibet's commitment to darts is emphasised by their title sponsorship of the Unibet Masters, hosted by the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC).
2016 represented the 4th annual staging of the tournament, as Dutch World Number One Michael Van Gerwen beat Dave Chisnall 11-6 in the final.
Unibet have also announced that they will be the title sponsors of September’s inaugural PDC Champions League Darts event, live on the BBC from Cardiff.
Throughout the 2016 Premier League, Unibet have been offering up to 30 pre-match markets on each of the 5 matches every Thursday.
Unibet tend to be quite cautious in their pricing of racing odds, which probably hinders their impact on the racing market. Punters don't get the same incentives as they would for football betting or the competitive odds they might find on the horse racing specialists in the industry.
However, the structure of the race card is an ideal fit for the profile of a recreational player. You can also watch racing on Unibet TV, which is completely free, so long as you are registered, logged in, and either have money or in your account or have placed a bet within the last 24 hours.
Unibet has brought popular E-Sports games onto their platform across all devices, including League of Legends and Counter-Strike.
League of Legends (LOL) is played at the world’s top multi-player competitive online gaming events, which are well covered by Unibet. They also offer in-play odds on certain markets, and you can easily move between in-play bets and outright markets for upcoming events.
Which type of bets can you bet?
Typically, as one of the leading bookmakers, Unibet are well stocked with all the traditional betting markets such as 1x2, 1-2, over/under and correct score.
However, that is just a small part of their offering, particularly for Football. At the time of writing, there were Unibet odds for the following Football markets:
- Top Goalscorer
- Half Time
- Goal Interval
- First & Last Goal
- Goal Scorer
- Player Cards
- Group Betting
- Team Progress
- Tournament Matchups
- To Qualify
- Top Assists
- Asian Handicap
- Both Teams to Score
- Correct Score
- Second Half
- Player Specials
- Player Stats
- Match Cards
- Match Stats
- Fouls Committed
- Team Trophies
- Team Goals
- Double Chance
- Asian Lines
- Draw No Bet
- Match Events
- Player Goals
- Player Awards
- Match Goals
- Ball Possession
- Team Top Goalscorer
- Team Performance
- Finishing Position
- Squad Selection
Unibet offers tremendous live in-play betting, and you will not only find the traditional head to head options, but also a great range of exotics on selected events. They also help you to achieve success with your live betting by providing expert opinions, and tools such as results, live scores and a detailed statistics service from Betradar, with information from all the major leagues and competitions.
Unibet TV offers live streaming for some of the biggest sports. Streamed events are clearly highlighted with a TV icon, and there is a handy feature whereby you can filter the calendar to see only events streamed on Unibet TV.
The live stream currently covers over 10,000 live sporting events a year, with a small time delay of between 10 and 30 seconds. You must be aware that the speed of your broadband may affect the length of this delay.
Unibet TV is completely free so long as you are registered, logged in, and either have money or in your account or have placed a bet within the last 24 hours.
Unibet are offering a Cashout function, although they are a bit behind some of the leading exponents of this feature.
Named Ca$h-In on Unibet, it only applies for single live bets and can be for more or less than your original stake, depending on how the action is unfolding.
The Ca$h-In feature allows you to secure part of your winnings or to cut your losses.
If it is available, the red Ca$h-In button will appear on the drop-down under your original bet. The bet will be settled at the price offered and the money will be moved into your player account immediately.
Even for matches with cashout available, Unibet can’t guarantee that it will be offered throughout the entire match. As is standard, it will be frozen at certain times, for example if there is a penalty about to be taken.
Cash out Step by Step
- To start with just make your bet(s) on Unibet using the selected markets.
- Navigate to ‘Open Bets' button on your betslip.
- See if you have the ‘cash in’ function available for your bet.
- If your selection has cashout available, you will have a ‘Cash In Value'
- Use the red 'Ca$h-In' button to cash in the bet before the outcome is decided.
Unibet website and mobile
Unibet's layout has a subtle feel with the intelligent sports gambler in mind. It has been created with a focus on their unique features such as Superscore and expert opinions from brand ambassadors.
They go with the motto 'By Players, For Players' and present everything you need right in front of you. The state of play in live matches is clearly shown and it is clear which matches are available on Unibet TV. Perhaps they could be clearer on which markets will come with the option to cashout.
The shortcuts section at the top left of the page is particularly useful for quick bet placement. And we're also drawn to the Statistics section powered by Betradar, which can be accessed from the left side menu and gives you information to guide your bet.
From this statistics page you can see loads of specific team data such as league table, players, fixtures, head to heads and archives.
The mobile configured site is easy to navigate, works smoothly on both tablet and smartphone devices and gives you an easy overview of ongoing Unibet promotions.
The mobile version also clearly presents a selection of popular bets as an enhanced multiple, with the potential payout from just a small stake.
The sports home page also highlights BetUP, the new in-play sports betting product that is live on Unibet. It is seen as an acquisition tool for softer sports fans and is designed to engage players by creating an in-game experience which educates users about live betting.
You can also download the Unibet app for faster sports betting and casino play. On the iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch you can get this via the app store. However, for Android users you will need to enter www.unibet.co.uk/apps/betting into your mobile browser.
Visibility & Customer Support
As with most bookmakers these days, they are trying to offer a mix of humorous updates, price enhancements, promotions and general sports talk to trigger an upturn in player activity.
Both the Twitter and Facebook page features videos from sports experts such as Glenn Hoddle and Graeme Swann.
The Unibet YouTube channel has more than 250 videos, and has racked up nearly a million total video views since the account was created in late April 2012.
If you feel the need to speak to someone about your account or anything related to your activity on Unibet, you do have a number of options. For free phone calls from the UK, use 0808 1686635. For international, operator charges may apply, and the number to call is 0044 (0) 203 725 3789.
They also have a live chat service which is pretty efficient, and comes with an estimate for an average response time. At the time of writing, this stands at 2 minutes 30 seconds, which wouldn't put you off from waiting, particularly if you couldn't speak on the phone.
They are keen to stress that you should first read through the help centre and check that your answer isn't already dealt with under the FAQs. In this way you can save yourself time and help them to manage customer queues, particularly in peak times and when they have high profile campaigns running.
If you would prefer to send an email, send your query to the Customer Service Department via email@example.com; according to the website, you should receive your answer within 6 hours and 30 minutes.
Unibet Refer a Friend
If you are happy with your own Unibet experience and want to get some of your friends on board, you can do so and net yourself a nice little reward via the Unibet refer a friend bonus:
- Invite your friends to Unibet and receive cash for every friend you invite.
- Activate the Unibet Refer A Friend Program and choose up to 5 friends to refer.
- You will earn £20 cash for each friend who registers and becomes a Unibet player.
Unibet Refer a Friend T&C’s
- Your friends must register through the link that you send them within 30 days of you accepting the terms and conditions from the Unibet refer a friend program.
- Your friends must wager a minimum of £400 in sports bets within 60 days of you accepting the Unibet Refer a Friend bonus offer.
- Once they have fulfilled these conditions, you will receive the £20 bonus in your Unibet player account within 72 hours; the money immediately qualifies for withdrawal or re-wagering.
- If your friend comes direct to Unibet, and not via the specific email link from your friend referral, it will be deemed invalid and you will not qualify for the monetary reward regardless of their future activity on Unibet.
Unibet is establishing a big reputation in the industry, having associated themselves with elite sporting clubs across the world and built up over 13 million customers in over 100 countries.
They are currently sponsors of the Unibet Masters, Unibet European Championship of Darts and official betting partners at Essex Cricket club.
Unibet holds local gambling licences in UK, France, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Australia, Ireland, Romania and Estonia.
SmartBets is the odds comparison site that gives you relevant real-time odds and stats. Whether you are an experienced punter, or a fan who wants to add excitement to the game, you can improve your betting with a personalised punter profil. Sign up today to get 50+ markets across 35 leading bookmakers and get access to the DIRECT BET feature.